Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So much to do! So little time!

Wow! Tomorrow will be 16 days and counting! Seems like my mind is constantly on this trip. My Oyster card came in, we added a Nighttime Bus Top Tour, and decided to go to church at St. Paul's on Sunday. Terri and I ended up buying the 3-day London Pass since we will have time on Wednesday to tour while Pam is with her daughter. I went to the bank and got a Visa Travel Card and would have exchanged some US dollars for British pounds, but my small town bank doesn't do that. Terri has got her British pounds, so she's good to go there. I've been told by a friend's daughter that it won't be any problem to do the exchange at the airport after we land.

I keep adding and subtracting things from my list as I either get them or realize I need them. My PacSafe purse came in and I like it better than I thought I would. It's hard to tell whether what you're looking at on the Internet is going to be what you need. One thing that I really worried about was charging my Nook on the plane. I ended up buying an iGeek charger that will charge my Nook, phone, and camera. Carol talked me into buying a rolling carry-on bag. I like it! Aunt Jeri told me to tie ribbons on my luggage so I can tell which piece is mine. The ribbon is lime green with pink, blue, and gray dots. Should be able to see that. So far I'm not too nervous about the flying part. I think that may be because I've got so much to do. 

Trying to figure out what clothes to take is a pain. I want to be able to mix and match so I don't end up with too much. Everyone keeps telling me to lay it all out and then only take half of what is there. I will as soon as I get everything I think I need. 

It's not just the clothes that's a pain, but trying to remember all of the little things that I need too. I know that it's all going to come together. I'm the little engine that could! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! Whoo-whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment